November 28, 12:00 pm, Lake Union Park
Greet the Season
Join the partners of Lake Union Park for a one-of-a-kind family-oriented holiday event! Greet the Season at Lake Union Park features activities for all ages, including toy boat building, cookie decorating, card and ornament making, knot tying, other crafts, music and dance performances!
The event opens at 10am and there are activities throughout the day and into the evening – activities and performances are staggered, so please check the schedule if there is something you don’t want to miss.
MOHAI has regular admission 10am-5pm, with the Atrium open for free from 5pm-8pm. Other venues (Virginia V, Arthur Foss, Lightship “Swiftsure,” M/V Lotus, and The Center for Wooden Boats) are free to enter; donations are gratefully accepted and some activities (such as Toy Boat Building) have a suggested donation.
The Christmas Ships depart from the wharf at Lake Union Park at 7pm, stopping in the waterway for a choral performance from 7:15-7:35pm; the carolers can be clearly heard from the Park and from the deck of the Virginia V. Hot beverages will be available.
- Open Ships & Dockside Tours
- Card & Ornament Making
- Knot Tying
- Toy Boat Building
- Cookie Decorating
- Signal Flag Necklaces
- Pond Boat Sailing
Schedule of Events:
- 10 am–5 pm: Crafts and activities – check back for more info!
- 5–8 pm: Free admission to the Grand Atrium (galleries closed )
THE CENTER FOR WOODEN BOATS
- 11 am–2 pm: Cookie decorating
- 2–4 pm: Build a toy boat to take home!
- 12 pm–8 pm: Open ship
- 12 pm–5 pm: Maritime Folknet presents live holiday music and ornament and card making; Discovery Modelers Education Center presents signal flag making
- 7:15 pm: From the deck, watch The Dickens Carolers perform on board the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival
- 12 pm–5 pm: Open ship, hot cider and tugboat crafts
LIGHTSHIP 83 SWIFTSURE
- 12 pm–5 pm: Open ship
- 12 pm–5 pm: Open ship, hot cider and holiday crafts
LAKE UNION PARK
- 11 am–2pm: Pond boat sailing with CWB at the Boat Pond
- 7:15 pm: From the wharf, watch The Dickens Carolers perform on board the Argosy Christmas Ship Festival
This event is brought to you by Amazon, the Museum of History & Industry, The Center for Wooden Boats, The Steamer Virginia V Foundation, Northwest Seaport,Maritime Folknet, Discovery Modelers, and Argosy Cruises.